Also known as Sports Therapy and Rehabilitation
Every sport as its risks; some more than others. While injuries are a common occurrence, the reasons behind such injuries vary greatly. Sports injuries can have a long-lasting, detrimental effect on an athlete’s future or even their quality of life. In the majority of cases, proper treatment care requires a person to undergo physical rehabilitation to restore optimal function to the affected areas.
The sympathetic therapists at Oriole Physiotherapy & Rehabilitation Centre understand your frustration and offer many options for sports injury therapy and rehab in our North York clinic. Our physiotherapy professionals (physiotherapists, massage therapists, acupuncturists, etc.) are here to help restore movement and strength to the injured areas. Some of our treatments are also designed to help those affected by sports injuries manage their pain levels, prevent lasting nerve damage, and reduce the re-occurrence of various problems.
Our team of health professionals uses the right strategies to identify the root causes of the injury and provide you with the best possible treatment tailored for fast recovery in our North York sports injury clinic.
- Diagnose – Visit our physiotherapist as soon as possible if you experienced carpal tunnel syndrome, lower back pain, shoulder pain, or neck pain after engaging in sports. The sooner we get to the problem, the better and quicker your recovery will be.
- Educate – As your trusted partner in recovery and maintenance of good health, we will help you gain a better understanding of your injury and prevent potential reoccurrence.
- Activate – We will start your custom treatment plan as soon as possible to reduce symptoms and ensure relief from pain and discomfort. Depending on your health care needs, your treatment program may include massage therapy, physiotherapy exercises, or acupuncture.
- Monitor – To ensure full recovery, we will provide a set of expectations and re-evaluation. Our health care professionals will thoroughly test and measure your progress before moving on to the next process until we are sure that you have fully recovered from your injuries and are ready to get back to your favourite activities.
We will assign a sports rehab specialist to train and assist our patients in streamlining their recovery following an injury. During your consultation, you will be evaluated to see if there are inflexible or weak muscles in your body that can make you more prone to injury. A better understanding of an injured and/or compromised physical structure will help inform a treatment plan to get you back on the field. Part of the treatment will include:
- Specialized sports injury recovery exercises
- Targeted stretching
- Utilization of applicable equipment
- And much more
Sports injury recovery and rehabilitation is more than a one step solution. Evaluation of progress must be made on a regularly scheduled basis to ensure healing is occurring and following the proper phase patterns. Our therapists create a specialized plan to provide accurate diagnosis and treatment on a case-by-case basis.
Our highly trained and licensed physiotherapists seek to maximize our client’s recovery through the application of progressive treatment options. Our office is skilled in the areas of sports medicine, orthopedics, and post-op rehabilitation. We offer a range of manual therapy skills that assist in the rapid recovery of soft tissue irritation and joint restriction which is often seen in sports injuries. We offer a range of sports injury treatment options in our North York sports rehab:
- Trigger point dry needling
- Deep tissue massage
- High speed isokinetics
- Joint manipulation
Getting injured doesn’t have to mean the end of your career, or even the end of your favorite activity or hobby. We are dedicated to working with you to recapture the quality of life you have come to appreciate. Proper and rapid treatment is the only way to get you back to playing the sports you love in as little time as possible.
The majority of sports injury recovery and rehabilitation treatments are covered by extended health plans. We advise our patients to check with their providers to ensure coverage prior to treatment. And please know that you can come in for one treatment alone, without committing to an extensive plan.
Our physiotherapy clinic accepts Motor Vehicle Accident Insurance, extended health benefits, and WSIB. Our help desk is always open to questions regarding payment options and scheduling changes.
Come visit our Sports Injury Recovery and Sports Therapy clinic in North York today!